Booking The Adventure
How to Book
HOW TO BOOK OUR ADVENTURES
SELECT & CUSTOMIZE... Horizon Adventure has selected the Best of Himalayas for different tastes, different lifestyles, available time and budget and different physical abilities. All our tours are focused on Well-being aspects of our clients attempting to make the trip enjoyable and meaningful from both Body and Ming aspects. All our adventures will offer you high quality experience to the best places in Himalayas for unforgettable Body and Mind Experience and once in the life adventure. If you have lots of time available you may choose trekking all the way; if you have limited time you may choose option of helicopter ride to the start of alpine section, save 2 weeks trekking through lowlands and reach magic place in style. If your dream is a climb then choose one of our climbing or even mountaineering adventures. But don't ignore bike riding; these are one of the best adventures in Himalayas, fast, dynamic and exciting.
CONTACT US... Once you like an adventure, please engage with us, click BOOK button and fill the form ensuring your correct e-mail address. If you prefer our adventure consultant to call you, enter your phone number in the form we will call you and discuss your requirements.
It is important that you tell us as much information as possible, so we can address your inquiry as precise as possible.
BOOK... Once you have accepted our offer we will send you an invoice through PayPal service. The PayPal service has approved our operations and our terms and conditions, which protects your funds and terms of refunds. This is an electronic invoice and it will enable you to use PayPal system to pay either through your PayPal account or directly by VISA/MASTER CARD. This payment is totally transparent to us. PayPal will quarantine part of your payment and will guarantee refund within our Terms and Conditions. This is our preferred payment method as it ensures secure payment and protects you and our business from fraud. Snowy Horizon Adventure will accept PayPal and Credit card charges as part of our business cost.
PAYMENT... Snowy Horizon Adventure preferred payment method is through PayPal system or direct Bank EFT. Please let us know if you prefer other payment methods and we will arrange it.
- Complete and Print out the form
- Sign the completed Form, Sign it, Scan signed Form and e-mail to us
- Once we receive your deposit payment the trip will be confirmed
- Please e-mail copy of your passport page and your passport photo in JPG format
- We will send you your final itinerary and detailed briefing information
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please read carefully these terms and conditions of contract. In completing and submitting the Booking Form, you agree to be bound by these conditions which constitute the agreement between Snowy Horizon Adventure ABN 755 8374 4946, referred further in the document as Snowy Horizon, and you. These conditions apply to the exclusion of any other terms or conditions unless they are set out in the Booking Form or are otherwise agreed to in writing by the parties. Previous dealings between the parties will not vary these conditions. No purported variation of these conditions will be effective unless in writing and signed by a person so authorized by Snowy Horizon Adventure.
1. How to Book
To reserve your place on one of our biking or trekking adventures or climbing expeditions, you should complete the Booking Application Form and send it completed and signed not later than 30 days prior the trip by e-mail, along with deposit of 25% per person for the trekking/hiking/biking tours. The balance must be paid via PayPal, bank transfer, Australian Bank cheque or by credit card not later than 2 weeks before the arrival to Kathmandu.
For climbing and mountaineering expedition we require 30% deposit at the time of booking; further 30% is required not later than 30 days prior to the trip and remaining 40% is due not later than 15 days prior to your arrival to Kathmandu.
Snowy Horizon Adventure Bank Trust Account details for Funds Transfer from Australian Financial Institutions:
Account Name: Business Trust Account
Account Number: 11-476-0526
At the time of booking you also need to submit via email a scanned copy of your passport and JPG format passport photo suitable for printing required to obtain your climbing/trekking permit and park entry card to be ready at the time of your arrival to Kathmanu.
The payments for deposits should be by Electronic Fund Transfer to our Bank Trust Account, Australian cheque, Paypal or credit charge. The balance should be paid 15 days prior the arrival to Kathmandu. Prices are quoted in Australian dollars (unless otherwise specified). If payment of the balance of the tour price is not received by Snowy Horizon by the required time you will be taken as having cancelled the tour and cancellation charges in accordance with condition 4 will apply unless other payment schedule has been arranged by mutual agreement.
If you wish to make amendments to your tour arrangements, you must notify Snowy Horizon in writing. If any government Permits has been issued and cannot be revoked and refunded you will be liable for these costs. You also be liable for cancellation fee of airfares purchased on your behalf.
- If you wish to cancel your tour, you must notify Snowy Horizon in writing. Once Snowy Horizon Adventure receives your notice, cancellation will take effect subject to the following:
- If cancellation takes place within 60 days prior to your departure date, your will forfeit 10% of the fees
- If cancellation takes place 30 days prior to your departure date, your will forfeit the entire deposit amount
- If cancellation takes place 15 days prior to your departure date, your will forfeit 50% of the fee.
- If cancellation takes place less than 15 days prior to your departure date, no refund will be provided.
While purchasing your tour and your airfare you should purchase Travel Insurance policy to cover cancellation fees for land component as well as your airfare. Your policy should include costs of medical evacuation by helicopter and cover of hospitalization expenses.
5. Health and Fitness Requirements
To participate in our adventures other than cultural, spiritual or family level hiking, you must be in good health and physical condition and are strongly advised to follow our pre-departure fitness training recommendations, where necessary. If you suffer from severe muscular, chest, heart or bronchial disorders, or if you are a severe asthmatic, or have high blood pressure, you are strongly advised against participating. Tours take place in remote areas where there is little or no access to normal medical services or hospital facilities for serious problems. Evacuation, where necessary, can be prolonged, difficult and expensive. Medical and evacuation expenses will be your responsibility and therefore we require Travel and Medical Insurance to cover helicopter evacuation and hospitalization expenses. While we do not discriminate by age and we had experienced clients in early 70's successfully summiting with us 8000m peaks such as Cho Oyu, Shishapangma and Manaslu, due to the extreme nature of our mountaineering and climbing trips we strongly discourage participants over 60 years of age to participate, unless they regularly participate in sports such as long distance running, triathlons and other similar endurance sports. Snowy Horizon Adventure reserves the right in its absolute discretion to refuse a participant the right to participate in a tour on medical or fitness grounds. Our application form contains question regarding your health status, so please answer it truthfully and consult us if in doubt and we may be able to design a custom adventure non detrimental to your health but just as good.
6. Medical Disclosure
You declare and warrant that:
- you are in good health and mental and physical fitness at the time of booking this tour;
- you have disclosed to Snowy Horizon every matter concerning your health and mental and physical fitness of which you are aware, or ought reasonably be expected to know, that is relevant to Snowy Horizon decision to permit you to go on this particular adventure tour;
- immediately upon any adverse change in your health or fitness that may be likely to affect Snowy Horizon decision to permit you to go on the adventure tour, you will notify Snowy Horizon in writing of any such adverse change;
- Snowy Horizon is permitted to disclose medical information to our consultant doctor.
- Snowy Horizon consultant doctor in extreme circumstances may exclude you from a tour if he/she deems it necessary. You acknowledge that the obligation to disclose under this condition continues from the time of booking the tour through to departure and extends for the duration of the tour.
- If you fail to comply with the duty of disclosure in this condition and if Snowy Horizon would not have permitted you to undertake the tour, or continue participation of the tour, had you made full disclosure under this condition, Snowy Horizon will not be liable, except to the minimum extent required by law, for personal injury, death or property damage or loss incurred by you.
7. Tour Leaders
In this condition, ‘nominated tour leader’includes both the nominated tour leader and any other nominated person given at any time the task of leading or supervising any aspect of the tour.
Snowy Horizon nominated tour leaders take their responsibilities seriously and if for any reason a nominated tour leader believes, in his or her absolute discretion, that you should not participate in the tour, before your departure, even if you pass your medical, he/she may exclude you from the tour. In this event, but subject to condition 5, you will be offered the option of taking another tour considered suitable for you or a full refund. If for any reason during a tour the nominated tour leader considers you should not participate further due to you committing an illegal act, or in the opinion of the nominated tour leader, your behaviour is causing or is likely to cause danger, distress or annoyance to others, or your fitness or health is inadequate, he or she may direct you not to continue and you must follow the nominated tour leader’s instructions. In this case you will not be entitled to any refund. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on thecircumstances.
Snowy Horizon reserves the right to change, at any time, the nominated tour leader of any tour. If that happens, Snowy Horizon will try to ensure that the alternative tour leader has expertise commensurate with that of the nominated tour leader. Any such change by Snowy Horizon will not give rise to any right on your part to cancel the tour or claim any expenses, loss or damage which may be suffered.
8. Cancellation due to tour booking numbers
Snowy Horizon Adventure reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure in the event that there are too few people booked on a tour in which case you will be given a full refund of the tour price paid by you. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage (either direct or consequential) or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from such cancellation (including but not limited to visa, passport and vaccination charges, or departure, gear purchases, airport and airline taxes).
9. Route changes, Postponement, Cancellation or Delay
Sowy Horizon reserves the right to:
- cancel or modify any routes within the tour or objectives set out in the itinerary; or
- substitute different or equivalent routes within the tour in place of cancelled or modified routes, or
- postpone, cancel or delay (either in relation to the departure or arrival times or the duration of the tour)
Any such aspect of the tour if, in the absolute discretion of Snowy Horizon, it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions whether political or military or terrorist or otherwise or if, in the absolute discretion of Snowy Horizon, there is a likelihood of any such event occurring which may impact upon the safety of the participants, or if an act or omission of a third party prevents the tour or the aspect of the tour being undertaken in accordance with your booking or for any other reason considered necessary by Snowy Horizon Adventure.
In the event of any change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay under this condition, you acknowledge that you will have no right of refund of the tour price (whether in whole or in part) and no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay.
Snowy Horizon Adventure also reserves, in its absolute discretion, the right to cancel any tour due to any government travel warning or advice, or any change in such warning or advice. In this event, condition 4 applies as if you had transferred or cancelled the tour at the date that Snowy Horizon Adventure cancelled the tour due to the governmental travel warning or advice. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
10. Itineraries and brochures
Itineraries and other details are published in good faith as statements of intention only and reasonable changes in the itinerary and related items may be made where deemed necessary or advisable by Snowy Horizon.
The information contained in Snowy Horizon brochures, itineraries, and internet site is, to the best of Snowy Horizon belief, correct at the date of publishing and is a subject to change without notice.
Personal travel insurance is not included in the tour price. It is a condition of booking a tour with Snowy Horizon, and your responsibility to ensure that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the tour in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, cancellation, curtailment and emergency evacuation. All costs for emergency evacuation must be paid in cash in Nepal unless an insurance company has agreed to pay the costs on your behalf. It is important that any insurance policy issued to cover emergency evacuation for trek/tour/climbing expedition does not exclude alpinism or mountaineering.
You must provide evidence to Snowy Horizon that you have obtained personal travel insurance. You must ensure that your personal travel insurance covers all of the activities you expect to participate in.
12. Proof of citizenship or information required to travel
It is your responsibility to obtain proper identification or proof of citizenship as required by the authorities of the destination to which you are travelling. You will not be entitled to a refund if you are denied boarding or entry on any basis, including without limitation, improper documentation or failure to provide information. It is recommended that your passport is valid for six months beyond the date of your return home to your home country.
13. Airlines and other transport providers
Any material published by Snowy Horizon, the Booking Form and these conditions of contract are not issued on behalf of, and do not commit any airline whose services are used or proposed to be used in the course of the tour. In the event that an airline’s proposed travel or fare schedule is amended or cancelled, such amendment or cancellation will not be considered a cancellation of the tour by Snowy Horizon. Any flights or other transport forming part of the tour arrangements are subject to the conditions of the carrying airline or other transport entity, which in most cases limits the airlines’ or other transport entity’s liability to passengers in accordance with applicable international law and conventions. The liability of Snowy Horizon, any airline or other transport provider is limited so far as possible by the following conventions: Warsaw Convention 1929, as amended by the Hague Protocol and Montreal Protocol in relation to air travel; or Montreal Convention 1999; the Berne Convention for rail travel 1980; Athens Convention 1974 for carriage by sea; and the Geneva Convention for carriage by road 1978.
14. Tour Prices
Package prices are based on ground costs, fuel prices, airfares, exchange rates and assumptions made at the time of printing the brochure. Snowy Horizon tries its utmost not to increase tour prices (in full or part), however sometimes increases are outside its control. Snowy Horizon reserves the right to amend tour prices (or any part) without notice at any time before and including the departure date. Amendments may be necessitated for many reasons including, but not limited to, exchange rate fluctuations, increased fuel costs, airfares, airport charges, increases in ground operator service fees, or the need to engage alternative air or ground operators. Any increase in tour prices must be paid prior to the departure date.
15. Exclusions from tour price
Without limitation, the following items are excluded from the tour price:
- personal travel insurance;
- visa, passport and vaccination charges;
- departure, airport and airline taxes and on some tours internal domestic flights;
- departure, airport and airline taxes and on some tours internal domestic flights;
- extra meals, transport costs, accommodation costs, or other expenses not included in the itinerary; laundry, postage, personal clothing, medical expenses; items of a personal nature; emergency evacuation and/or emergency search charges;
- departure, airport and airline taxes and on some tours internal domestic flights;
- additional expenses caused by delay, accidents or disruption of planned itineraries;
- tips, alcoholic and soft beverages and excess baggage charges. Refer to our tour notes for full details.
16. Force Majeure
If Snowy Horizon is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of war or terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or for any other cause whatsoever outside Snowy Horizon reasonable control, Snowy Horizon will be under no liability whatsoever to you and may, at its option, by written notice to you either cancel the tour or take any other action as specified in condition 9.
17. Assumption of risk
You acknowledge that:
- by the very nature of adventure travel, trekking holidays, and climbing expeditions, they are more challenging and demanding with a commensurately higher level of risk compared with conventional holidays, and involve potential exposure to injury and possibly death; and
- in the countries and regions in which adventure travel is undertaken, standards of accommodation, transport, health care, hygiene, safety and service provision generally are often not as high as those standards in your country of residence and may require flexibility and patience on your part; and
- operational control of the tour may be in the hands of a third party and that your right of action in regard to any shortcomings of that third party’s performance is against the third party and not against Snowy Horizon; and
- Nepal and Tibet are very safe and western tourist friendly countries, however we will travel in remote and mountainous countries and one must recognise and acknowledge the additional dangers and risks associated with simply adventure travel and may include difficult and dangerous terrain; high altitude; extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes; political instability; remoteness from normal medical services and from communications; and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury; and
- the enjoyment and excitement of adventure travel is derived in part from the inherent dangers and risks associated with adventure travel and that those inherent dangers and risks are a reason why you wish to undertake the adventure tour, and
- you have submitted your booking for the tour after giving due consideration of relevant travel information including but not limited to advice given by your relevant governments of Australia, New Zealand and Canada, the British Foreign Office and US Department of State and that it is your responsibility to acquaint yourself with that information or advice, for the above reasons you therefore accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure tour and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
18. Scope of service
You accept that:
- Snowy Horizon acts as a booking agent for some third-party tour operators and accepts no liability for the acts or omissions of those third-party tour operators; and
- Snowy Horizon will not be liable for any breach of any law by any person with whom you travel on the tour; and
- you may not rely on any representations concerning the tour made by Snowy Horizon which are not contained in these conditions.
19. Release and waiver of liability
In consideration of Snowy Horizon accepting your booking application and in consideration of you being permitted by of Snowy Horizon to join the tour to the extent permitted bylaw:
you release, waive, discharge, hold harmless and agree to indemnify Snowy Horizon and its officers, employees, agents, licensees, guides and other representatives and the land management authorities in the countries in which the tour is conducted (each of whom are collectively referred to as “Snowy Horizon and its employees”) from all claims, actions or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services, loss profits, consequential, exemplary, indirect or punitive damages or otherwise which may arise out of or occur during your travel in connection with the tour or any activities conducted in conjunction there within unless caused by the wilful negligence or wrongful act of Snowy Horizon and its employees; and regardless of the situation or circumstances giving rise to the claim you waive any claims you have, or may at any time have, against Snowy Horizon and its employees and you agree, by accepting the additional inherent dangers and risks associated with the tour, not to make any claim against or seek any compensation from Snowy Horizon and its employees in respect to any personal injury, illness or death suffered by you or damage to or loss of property sustained by you as a result of your participation in the tour.
To the extent permitted by law, sections 60 and 61 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010(Cth) do not apply to this contract and are excluded. If sections 60 and 61 of the Competition and Consumer Act (Cth) do apply, Snowy Horizon liability is limited to resupplying the services or paying the costs of resupplying the services, whichever is the lesser.
A party will not be deemed to have waived any of its rights or remedies under these conditions or at law by allowing any time or indulgence or by not exercising any right or remedy arising out of any default by the other party.
If any part of a condition is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, it is to be treated as removed from the conditions, however, the remainder of the conditions are not altered.
This agreement and the rights and obligations of the parties will be construed and take effect in accordance with and be governed by the laws of Queensland